I’m totally out of spoons, so I’m low on wordiness today but here’s a bit of pattern mixing. The top is from Sugarhill Boutique a couple of summers ago, the skirt is old ASOS and the sandals are local. I bought the pendant from This Charming Girl 4 years ago and it’s one of those things that hold lots of memories for me. Google tells me that particular boutique shut shop last year, but Eclectic Eccentricity makes absolutely lovely vintage inspired, geeky pieces that I’ve recently fallen in love with ❤
Shop the look //
How not to shoot an outfit, in 6 easy steps
1. Know that in summer, the only time you can shoot is at dawn or around sundown, but disregard that entirely and tell yourself that the light won’t be that harsh at midday because it’s cloudy. This, obviously, has no basis in reality because it hasn’t rained in a week or more.
2. Plough on mulishly with the shoot anyway once it turns out that your predictions of cloudiness are way off the mark.
3. Completely overlook the fact that sometime in the recent past, your camera has turned itself over to shutter priority. This is because a) you can hardly see anything without your glasses but b) since your eyesight has improved enough in the past couple of years for safe-ish navigation through traffic without them, you haven’t bothered to get your old ones repaired or replaced. Admit to yourself at this point that you do this because it’s nicer living in a soft focus world.
4. Finally notice your camera’s silent treachery when you switch over to your portrait lens for closeups. Pretend you’re The Dude and say fuck it.
5. Mentally kick yourself when you later get the photos on your computer, and spend an evening futilely trying to make them look decent.
6. Give up and roll yourself a joint. Turn off your mind, relax, float downstream.
Dr Denim chambray top [similar, similar] // asos skirt [similar, similar] // Office clogs [similar] // favourite hat // stag head brooch
Frankly, it’s too hot here for anything other than minimal dressing. Early summer heatwaves in this part of India are traditionally relieved by late afternoon thunderstorms called Kalboishakis, but climate change has put an end to all that. Not even mad dogs and Englishmen would be stupid enough to brave the outdoors between 9am and 5pm. I, however, was foolhardy enough to a couple of days ago, and my reward was a killer migraine. Since then, I’ve decided to stick to venturing out after sundown, much like a vampire.
I’ve worn this NW3 playsuit on the blog before, although I daresay it fitted better when I bought it. Everything else in this outfit is remixed too. I never used to wear orange but all the tangerines and corals in ss14 have finally brought me around to it. Which is awesome because brown people are born to carry off every single dazzlingly warm hue ever.
Playsuit: NW3 // Ear headband: ASOS // Shoes: M&S via eBay // Backpack: Aliexpress (available here)